Upward Bound Programs
Upward Bound at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith is split into two programs: Upward Bound Classic and Upward Bound Math/Science.
Upward Bound Classic (UBCL)
Upward Bound Classic students explore a variety of careers and courses across all areas of interest.
Upward Bound Math/Science (UBMS)
Upward Bound Math/Science students concentrate on careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields.
What will I do in Upward Bound?
Upward Bound participants will have the opportunity to experience:
- One Saturday Scholars Academy
- One individual advising appointment per month
- Two cultural enrichment field trips per semester
- Multiple college visits per year
- One day of community service per year
- A five-week Summer Academy
- End-of-Summer Overnight Trip
- Residential Summer Bridge Program (Seniors)
How do I join Upward Bound?
To apply for Upward Bound, you must...
- Be in 9th or 10th grade at a target high school
- Meet income guidelines and/or
- Be a potential first-generation college student
- Complete and submit an application with your school counselor
- Attend an interview if you are selected
**There is no cost required to participate in Upward Bound